Monday, February 13, 2017

Proposal

It happened! Christopher and I are engaged!!! I will be Mrs. Houchins on Friday, October 27, 2017. I have my dress, the venue, and a wedding planner all set and ready to go...I kind of jumped the gun...let me explain...

During winter break, I expressed to Chris that I wanted to be married in 2017. We picked the date together because it's Nevada Day, so we will have the day off from work. From there, I told my mom, and things got a little crazy! We visited the Bridal Spectacular, and I became overwhelmed with how much there is to do in such little time. I technically wasn't even engaged, but wanted a wedding within ten months.

Every single venue at the show was booked for the date I wanted.

We met a couple of ladies running a booth called 2 Vegas Chicks. They completely eased our minds, and told us they were wedding planners that could keep within a frugal budget. I booked a free consultation, met with them the next week, and we will definitely be using them for the wedding planning.

Later that week, I booked a tour to view Legends Ranch. I instantly fell in love with this place. Christopher loved it too. I also have wedding planners that are at my every beck and call, which is AWESOME SAUCE. All I have to do is tell them my ideas, and share the ideas on Pinterest on a secret board. Best money ever spent, folks!

So, yes...we did things a little backwards. I knew Christopher would be proposing, but I didn't know when or how. On Fridays, we usually eat pizza together as a family. Chris offered to pick up Blaze pizza, so I was super stoked. We got the boys settled with their slices, and turned off the television for family dinner. Chris suddenly said he needed to check the mail, and was smiling, so I figured he was excited about potential Pokémon cards in the mail. He walked inside with an envelope with no address on it. He handed it to me and said, "Hmm this doesn't have an address on it. You should open it."

Like an idiot, I argued that it was illegal to open mail that wasn't addressed to us. Finally, he just said, "Open it!" Inside I found pictures he had taken holding signs asking, "Will you marry me?"

I began UGLY CRYING so hard. It was just so simple and sweet and involved my boys as witnesses. He got down on one knee and proposed with the most perfect ring for me. The boys exclaimed, "You're married now!" Atticus also got to practice proposing with the ring and ring box.

I couldn't have asked for a better proposal, a better fiancé, or a better family. I am truly blessed. Thank you all for the lovely congrats messages! We love you all.




0 comments:

Post a Comment